ARIAS·U.S. Education Committee Announces a Request for Proposals for 2018 Seminars and Webinars
ARIAS·U.S. 2017 Education Seminars & Webinars Request for Proposals
Submission Deadline: September 25, 2017
In an attempt to expand and increase educational offerings to members, the ARIAS·U.S. Education Committee is pleased to announce a request for proposals for the half-day seminars and live webinar series that it offers in 2018. We are seeking proposals for topic ideas of interest to the industry. We are particularly looking for presentations on substantive matters such as overviews of particular types of products (e.g., surety, D&O) or discussions with underwriters, actuaries, and other professionals. It can be a broad overview or a discussion of one or more finer points of a topic.
Please be sure to review the submission guidelines and important dates below. All questions concerning the request for proposal process should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guidelines for Submission:
- Proposals may be submitted for targeted member audiences (i.e. Arbitrators/Umpires, Company Representatives, and Counsel).
- Proposals can cover a wide range of subjects, such as current legal issues, the arbitration process or aspects of the insurance business such as underwriting, claims handling accounting, and actuarial, in both the property and casualty and life markets. In the insurance area they can address specific insurance types such as D & O, cyber risk, E & O or topics such as aggregation and allocation. On the reinsurance side they can touch on, current trends in reinsurance claims or products, including insurance linked securities and cat bond. Offerings can also cover Ethics and Professionalism, Professional Practice, Skills, Legal and/or Arbitrator/Umpire Practice Management.
- Presentations will be considered based on quality of topic, introduction of new and innovative concepts, importance of the subject-matter to insurance/reinsurance arbitration, speaker knowledge and expertise, and appeal to the target audience(s).
- Presentations may be designed for one presenter or a panel of presenters for either a half-day (4-hours) seminar or a live webinar (75-minutes). A panel presentation traditionally consists of two or more individuals who address a topic of major importance in the field. The lead presenter organizes the presentation and is responsible for submitting the proposal application, organizing the group session, moderating the session and leading the discussion.
- This request for proposals is open to all ARIAS·U.S. members and non-members. Interested parties may submit more than one proposal at a time.
- Proposals must be submitted using the application form electronically by 5:00pm ET on September 25th to Joyce Arawole at email@example.com.
- ARIAS·U.S. will be responsible for identifying a location (recommendations from submitters are welcomed), arranging on site logistics, printing and distributing materials, registration, event promotion, onsite assistance, and lunch for participants.
Important Dates to Remember:
|Proposal Submission Opens:||September 5, 2017|
|Proposal Submission Closes:||September 25, 2017 by 5:00 p.m. ET|
|Submission Status Notification:||October 13, 2017|