Submit a Proposal for the ARIAS-U.S. 2018 Fall Conference
Proposal Submission Deadline: 5:00 p.m. ET on June 27, 2018
For questions or comments, contact Lauren Harley at ARIAS·U.S. at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703.260.7515
ARIAS·U.S. is seeking dynamic, relevant, and interesting content for the 2018 Fall Conference to be held November 8-9 at the New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge, NY. The planning committee is seeking submissions for 45 to 60 minute interactive presentations in a General or Breakout session format. Please consider the list of suggestions when submitting:
Guidelines for Submission
- Submissions should be interactive, skill-based and/or audience participative or other forms of presentation that encourage interaction and lively discussions.
- Special consideration will be given to proposals that incorporate unique presentation formats.
- The ARIAS·U.S. planning committee may also provide suggestions for enhancing the panel and overall conference experience for participants.
- The planning committee is looking to avoid “talking head” presentations for the Fall Conference and invites submissions that fit within the listed conference themes that explore specific challenges, topics, and issues in-depth.
- Proposals may be submitted for targeted member audiences (i.e. Arbitrators/Umpires, Company Representatives, and Counsel).
- Presentations will be considered based on quality of topic, introduction of new and innovative concepts, importance of the subject-matter to insurance/reinsurance arbitration, and appeal to the target audience(s).
- The lead presenter organizes the presentation and is responsible for submitting the proposal application, forming the group session, moderating the session and leading the discussion.
- This request for proposals is open to all ARIAS·U.S. members and non-members. Interested parties may submit more than one proposal at a time.
- ARIAS·U.S. may request a submission be revised to better fit the conference agenda or combined with another presentation where appropriate.
- Submissions accepted must agree to adhere to a timeline provided by ARIAS·U.S. to submit conference materials, including PowerPoint presentations, and supplementary materials in advance of the conference.
- Speakers are strongly encouraged to submit an article for the quarterly journal based on their presentation or related to the topic’s focus area.
- All individuals accepted to present in any of the presentation types must be registered by the presenter registration deadline. Please note: no registration or payment is necessary to submit a proposal. Only those accepted will be required to register.
- Speakers are responsible for their own travel, room, board, incidental, and registration costs
- Completed proposal application must be submitted electronically by 5:00 pm ET on June 27, 2018 to Lauren Harley at email@example.com.
Proposal Submission Opens: June 4, 2018
Proposal Submission Closes: June 27, 2018 by 5:00 p.m. ET
Submission Status Notification: July 24, 2018
Speaker Confirmation Deadline: July 30, 2018