2021 Spring Conference Request for Proposals
Request for Proposals Guidelines and Submission
Deadline to Submit: February 8, 2021
Contact Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission Form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ARIAS_2021SC
Please click here to download this information as a PDF.
ARIAS•U.S. is seeking to find a range of multidisciplinary topics that’s dynamic, interesting, and relevant for the 2021 Spring Conference to be held May 5-7, 2021. The planning committee is looking for presentations on substantive insurance and reinsurance matters with great interest to companies, law firms, arbitrators, and professionals within the insurance/reinsurance industry. Submissions can include Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion, and Ethics topics.
We invite submissions that fit within the listed conference formats below that explore specific challenges, topics, and relevant issues in-depth. Please review the guidelines of this RFP process before proceeding.
Submissions should be interactive, well organized, encourages audience engagement, and provides actionable activities. Possible formats include:
- Industry Talks (1-3 Speakers • 60 mins) – An informal sixty-minute presentation highlighting key insights and industry trends influencing businesses, and including an audience Q&A.
- Debates (2-4 Speakers • 60 mins) – A constructive moderated discussion between opposing viewpoints, followed by audience Q&A.
- General Conversations (1-2 Speakers • 60 mins) – A speaker(s) lead informal and open conversation with attendees around a particular topic.
- Case Studies (1-3 Speakers • 60 mins) – An opportunity for individuals or organizations to present their research and analyses of projects, policies, institutions, or other systems followed by an audience Q&A.
- Workshops (1-3 Speakers • 60 mins) – An in-depth, instructional program with hands-on learning and specific takeaways.
- ARI Talk (1 Speaker • 15 -18 mins) – One main topic idea limited to 15-18 mins. Provide attendees with discussion topics for post-presentation.
- Optional Presentation Format – Do you have another idea to share? We encourage creativity, so share your ideas with us.
Guidelines for Submission
- Proposals may be submitted for a targeted audience (i.e. Arbitrators/Umpires, Company Representatives, and Counsels).
- Presentations will be considered based on quality of topic, introduction of new and innovative concepts, importance of the subject-matter to insurance/reinsurance arbitration, and appeal to the target audience(s).
- The lead presenter organizes the presentation and is responsible for submitting the proposal application, organizing the group session, and moderating the discussion.
- This request for proposals is open to subject-matter experts. Interested parties may submit more than one proposal.
- Speakers accepted must agree to adhere to a timeline provided by ARIAS•U.S. to submit conference materials, including PowerPoint presentations, and supplementary materials in advance of the conference.
- Speakers are responsible for their own travel, hotel room, incidentals, and registration costs.
- The deadline to submit is February 8, 2021.