Insurance vs. Reinsurance: 85/15%
Treaty vs. Facultative Reinsurance: 60/40%
Workshops, as Trainee: 1; September 2004
Ethics Training, as Trainee: 1; August 2009; September 2011
A property and casualty insurance and reinsurance professional with experience developing and managing U.S. personal and commercial lines business for insurers. Primary strengths include business analysis and strategy, underwriting, marketing and business development, operations and regulatory management.
* Consulting and expert witness services provided independently to the insurer, business and legal communities of the insurance industry. Engagements include coverage, underwriting, claims, rehabilitation, commutation, and rescission and wrap up programs.
* Chief Underwriting Officer for 10 years with major commercial insurer. Major lines include property, liability, automobile, workers compensation, excess and umbrella liability, and E&O. Expertise includes admitted and Excess and Surplus, primary and excess, self-insured retentions, large deductibles, individual and group captives, managing general agencies, programs and reinsurance.
* Business Development responsibilities for research, product development and marketing led to the development of new products and markets that are now large and profitable mainstays of the company’s business.
* Regulatory experience spans 25 years and includes personal and commercial lines product line and producer management, filing, compliance, and customer service. This includes legislative and regulatory response to issues at the Federal and state levels.
* Business Management experience includes branch and regional line management, Chief Operating Officer of farm insurance operations, Worker’s Compensation product line officer, general manager of professional risk insurance, and Senior Vice President commercial insurance services.
BOARD & OFFICER POSITIONS
Board of Directors ACE Insurance Companies 1999-2004
Board of Directors CIGNA Insurance Companies 1992-1999
President CIGNA Insurance Companies 1992-1999
Board of Directors ACE Tempest Re USA 2000-2004
President ACE INA Excess & Surplus Lines Brokers 1992-1999